Have you ever visited someone’s website or listened to a pitch at a networking event, to come to the realisation you still have no clue what it is they do? We see it time and time again where, what should have been a thirty-second message turned into five minutes of rambling, both in-person and online. What’s even worse, is you’re more confused than you were at the beginning.
If you haven’t encountered this…. there’s a chance this could be you!
Not everyone of your prospects is going to take the time to sit down with you for thirty minutes and learn the ins and outs of your business. Your messaging has to be concise in everyway, unfortunately the brightest business idea can be held back by the message it shares.
Video has the power to not only tell your story but summarise and pitch it in less than 60 seconds. Each word is meticulously chosen, each graphic designed accordingly. Your ‘networking’ elevator pitch and video script are incredibly similar in structure, however, a video for your business is a pitch that doesn’t forget its words, doesn’t overrun and is guaranteed to be memorable.
6 simple tips to write an awesome pitch for video and networking!
- What is your message? Say it clearly and concisely, ideally within the first 15-20 seconds. Your audience has a shorter attention span than a gold-fish after all.
- Identify with the audience and talk directly to them with personal pronounds (You and Your). Whilst you may think your business idea and story is revolutionary and innovative, most people will care more about what’s in it for them and how you will make them feel.
- What is the story? It’s much easier to remember when you take the listener on a journey. Remind the viewer of a problem they have, how you fix it and what this means for them. Finish with a call to action.
- You wouldn’t improvise a script for your video content… so why do you improvise your elevator pitch? Think it through and take time to rehearse it.
- Keep it nice and short! 60 seconds should equate to around 150 words. You want the voice-over to be professional and clear, with breathing room.
- Make sure you use the right tone, what is it you want your video to do? Is it a talking head or a humorous character-driven piece? The tone will dictate the art style, colour pallet, tempo! All of which should be dictated by your ideal customer profile.
Let us know your experiences, do you have your own template that you use whilst networking, did you write your own video script? Remember to connect with us and subscribe for posts like this and more, or contact us if you have any questions.
Now that you’ve learned to ‘Craft an Epic Pitch for Video and Networking’, check out our other recent articles below.
- Video, Animation….What’s the difference?
- Let’s be honest…Does video content marketing even work?
- 3 Smart ways to engage your audience’s attention!
At Motion Manor we are passionate about creating seriously persuasive animation, helping your audience understand why they should buy from you.
We believe in leaving the world a better place than we found it. We will create a positive social impact, by creating animated content that focuses on the messages that matter.